Snowball, the original gerbil, has fathered dozens of babies. Most are brown like their mom but a few have been a combination of black, brown, and white. One set of children had a litter on June 21 and for the first time, there’s been an albino baby. I never really considered it but it appears albinism is a recessive trait. I’m just hoping the parents don’t eat him.
The bad parent gerbils had another litter. The last time their babies were almost weaned before they chewed the babies’ tails and hind legs off. Outside of Florida, humans hardly ever do that.
The picture above is of one of the babies from June 12, children of Snowball and Squirrelley, who rarely eat their children. Newborn gerbils are pretty much indistinguishable so it shouldn’t be a big deal.
Normally I go over all ten resolutions but I’ve done so little that it wouldn’t be worth it.
I added a few hundred words of creative writing, ran 1.1 miles, and added Philodendron, Tetra Glofish, and Sweet Potato.
I’m going to try for better this week but I don’t have great expectations.
Glofish aren’t so much of a species as a product line. So far three species have been genetically modified and patented, sold only in the United Atates.Are they a scientific advancement or an affront against God and nature? I don’t know but have no interest in them
Glo-Oscars? I’d consider.
School’s out. Things got rough:
1. Writing (Goal – 120,000 words/finish five stories): No change – 25,427 words and four stories.
2. Publishing (Send out 110 manuscripts): seven.
3. Read Finnegan’s Wake: Finished the fifth chapter, 113 pages out of 540.
4. Read Shakespeare’s sonnets: Complete.
5. Visit five new libraries: Two–Blanchester Public Library and Green Township.
6. 5,000 Push ups/8,000 Leg lifts: 1,600 push ups; 2,535 leg lifts.
7. Running: Nothing.
8. Lose 26 pounds: ?
9. 100 photos of different species: up to 48 by adding Trashline Orbweaver Spider, San Pedro Cactus, and Crayfish.
10. Year of Mercy: No change.
Like “pop” vs. “soda,” I guess it depends on where you grew up to decide which is the right name.
I can never bring myself to buy goldfish for my turtle so thought these little crustaceans would work better. Now I’m hoping they survive.
I guess I’ll get nightcrawlers next time. I never feel sorry for them.
- Appearing Next: Eternal Damnation
- Bad joke gone worse
- Baseball cards
- Board Games
- Documentary Blog
- Legends Revealed
- Literature and Drama
- Local News
- Museum of Hoaxes
- Myth and legends
- National News
- New Year's Resolutions
- Old News
- poetic forms
- Science fiction
- semi-naked football
- Star Trek
- Straight Dope
- The Koran
- Top 100
- Topless Robot
- Weight loss
- Weird Universe
- Words that should exist
- World News
- YouTube Video