In August, I tried to get healthy by doing at least 25 leg lifts and up to 25 push ups a day. I don’t think it made much of a difference but at least it gave me a resolution check for the month. My yearly resolutions are a mixed bag:
1. Writing: Goal–100,000 words for the year.
Reality–I’ve got 47,607 words, needing 66,575.
2. Publishing: Goal–105 manuscripts submitted for the year.
Reality–only 58 submissions, needing 69.6.
3. Film and video: Goal–three projects for the year.
Reality–two so far.
4. Blogging: Goal–250 posts for the year.
Reality–this is post number 141, needing 165.75,
5. Art: Goal–create five art works for the year.
Reality–Only have two.
6. Running: Goal–1,825 miles for the year.
Reality–I’ve gone 1,485.6 miles, needing 1,210.
7. Exercise: Goal–Either run 26.2 miles or do 50 push ups in one sitting.
Reality–ran 26.2 miles.
8 . Weight: Goal–Maintain weight under 205 pounds.
Reality–very much over.
9. Religious: Goal–Read all of the Koran, six more books of the Bible, and three works of Lovecraft.
Reality– read the Koran; Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Baruch, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Natum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, Jubilees, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts, Romans, and 14 chapters of Corinthians; and three stories of Lovecraft.
I could be worse but I’m hoping to bring a few of these up now that the kids are in school.